Asparagus Bundt Cake
Carrots & Zucchini watch out. Asparagus is the new kid on the block for rich bundt cakes.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups Vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 2 cups grated fresh asparagus drained, about 1 pound
- 1 can crushed pineapple undrained, 8 ounces
- 1 tablespoons to 2grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons to 4whole milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add oil, eggs, asparagus, pineapple, orange zest and vanilla; mix well. Fold in pecans. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. Bundt cake pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, beat cream cheese and sugar in a small bowl until smooth. Add orange zest, vanilla and enough milk until icing reaches desired consistency. Spoon over cake, allowing icing to drip down sides.
Recipe from Taste of Home.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!