We’re breaking tradition and combining raw and roasted carrots and fennel for this fantastic and easy side dish.
Raw and Roasted Carrots and Fennel
- 1 large fennel bulb halved lengthwise and divided
- 1 bunch small carrots with tops, divided
- 1 bunch scallions halved crosswise and divided
- 5 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper divided
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 ounces feta crumbled
- 1/4 cup toasted and salted pistachios chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut one of the fennel bulb halves into 1/2-inch-thick wedges, and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Trim tops from carrots and chop enough of the tops to equal 1 cup
- Scrub carrots (do not peel) and add half of the carrots to the fennel wedges.
- Add half of the scallions and 3 Tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt & pepper.
- Roast for 18 minutes, until carrots and fennel are completely tender and scallions begin to char, tossing occassionally. Remove from oven & cool to room temperature.
- Thinly slice remaining carrots, fennel, and scallions diagonally into 3-inch-long pieces; place in a large bowl.
- Add cooled roasted vegetables to raw vegetables in bowl. Add juice, cilantro, and carrot tops and toss.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and top with feta and pistachios.
- Serve immediately, or let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
Recipe from Cooking Light.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!