These marinated grilled veggies become a celebratory dish when combined with the avocado whipped feta. Perfect for summer holidays.
Marinated Grilled Vegetables with Avocado Whipped Feta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 zucchini or 8 ball squash sliced into rounds
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps sliced
- 2 sweet peppers sliced, or 4-5 sweet mini peppers
- 1 large eggplant sliced into rounds
- 1 large onion sliced into rounds
- 1 cup radishes halved
- 2 medium sweet potatoes cut in half lengthwise, then into thick slices
- 1 baguette sliced into rounds
- a handful of fresh oregano basil, rosemary and thyme for garnish
- AVOCADO WHIPPED FETA
- 8 ounces Feta cheese crumbled and at room temperature
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Marinated Grilled Veggies
- Whisk the oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, paprika, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Place the zucchini, mushrooms, eggplant, onion and radish pieces in a large baking dish. Cover with the marinade and stick the dish in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, parboil the sweet potato and put the slices in a saucepan full of water and bring it to a boil, boiling for about 1 to 2 minutes. Then remove and toss with the marinade.
- Heat the grill to it’s highest setting. Brush the baguette with olive oil on both sides.
- Once the grill is hot, remove the veggies from the marinade with tongs and place them on the grill. Start with the potatoes, peppers and eggplant. Grill until grill marks appear and the veggies are golden. Grill the bread last.
- Fill a platter or baking sheet with your vegetables and bread. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Cover the vegetables in a sprinkle of fresh herbs. Serve immediately with the avocado feta.
Avocado Whipped Feta
- Add almost all of crumbled feta to a food processor and pulse until small crumbs remain. Add in the avocado and puree for 4 to 5 minutes, scraping down the sides when necessary, until the feta is super creamy. Serve topped with a few extra feta crumbs and fresh herbs.