Whip up these no guild cakes in a snap. The bright, filling, and satisfying classic combo of carrot and orange, with the freshness of lemon all in an easy dessert!
No Bake Carrot-Orange-Lemon Cakes
- 1 1/2 cups roughly shredded carrot
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup dates soaked for 15-20 minutes
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 cup Cashews soaked for 2-4 hours
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- juice of 1 lemon
- Filtered water as needed
- Cinnamon for sprinkling
- Shred carrots with attachment of a food processor or box grater. Zest lemon and orange and squeeze juice from half of each. Place carrots, lemon, orange, and remaining ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined. Divide into 4 small ramekins using 4 tablespoons each.
- Place frosting ingredients into a blender. Add 2 tablespoons water and blend. Scrape down sides and add more water to make a very thick, smooth texture.
- Frost cakes and sprinkle with cinnamon. Store covered in refrigerator.
*If you don’t have ramekins, use muffin tins & just freeze for 30 minutes, then pop the cakes out carefully with a butter knife to serve. Recipe from Connoisseurus Veg.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!