Get the best of ALL worlds in the morning with fresh peaches & cream cheese baked right into these fun treats! These muffins are anything but ordinary.
Peaches & Cream Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh peaches peeled and chopped
- Cinnamon and sugar-for sprinkling on muffins before baking
Cream Cheese Filling
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners (or grease well if you don't have liners) & set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Whisk in the sugar. In a separate medium bowl, mix canola oil, egg, milk, and vanilla together. Use a fork or whisk and combine well. Slowly incorporate the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, being sure to not overmix. The batter will be thick.
- Carefully fold in the peaches.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and cinnamon together, until creamy and smooth. Fill each muffin cup halfway with batter. Next, add a small spoonful of cream cheese filling to each muffin cup. Cover the cream cheese filling with the remaining batter. Sprinkle each muffin with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake muffins for 17-20 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a cooling rack.
You can replace the cream cheese, milk, and eggs with plant-based substitutes & make the muffins healthier. Try a banana instead of eggs! Recipe derived from Two Peas & Their Pod.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!