Fingerling Potatoes can make any dish come alive in appearance and flavor!
So what makes fingerling potatoes so special?
- Fingerlings have thin skin, so they don’t need to be peeled.
- Their flesh tastes rich, nutty, and buttery. It’s quite delicious.
- The flesh of fingerling potatoes is also firmer than more starchier varieties (like russet potatoes), meaning that they hold up very well during cooking.
- They are versatile and can be cooked a variety of ways. Use fingerling potatoes when roasting, sautéing, boiling or use them in soups.
- There are a number of varieties of fingerling potatoes including Russian Banana, French, LaRatte, and Purple Peruvian. Colors can range from yellow to intense purple/blue.