Vegan Breakfast Potato Hash
Start your day the vegan way & be ready to start the day with all the goodness your body needs in one dish. A hash dish from Sweet Simple Vegan that isn't too filling & is anything but traditional.
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 3 medium potatoes or 6 small, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 large onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup chopped vegan breakfast sausage
- 1/2 can 8 oz. black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 heaping cups chopped kale
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning as desired
- Salt and pepper as desired to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro or parsley for garnish
- 1 large avocado sliced
- Toasted bread
In a large cast iron skillet over med heat, add 1 Tbsp of oil. Add potatoes & cook for 7-10 minutes, until about half way cooked. Stir occasionally. Add in the onions and cook for 3 minutes more.
Add the garlic, bell pepper, vegan sausage & old bay. Continue cooking until the potatoes are cooked through, 10 min.
Mix in the kale and black beans. Allow to cook for 2 more minutes or until kale is softened and the beans are warmed.
Adjust seasonings to taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Serve with a garnish of fresh cilantro or parsley and avocado, along with a side of toasted bread. Enjoy!