Orange Chicken & Greens Stir-Fry
Everyone's favorite-orange chicken, made healthy and with no loss of flavor. The sauce is so good that the whole family will eat their greens!
- 2-3 medium oranges
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 1 1/2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1 inch strips & seasoned with 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp safflower or peanut oil
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger peeled & grated
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1 bunch kale or spinach leaves
- cooked rice for serving
Zest one orange and reserve in a small bowl. Juice both oranges. Add juice, soy sauce, cornstarch, to zest and whisk. Segment 3rd orange and set aside.
In heated wok over high heat, add oil, onion, garlic, ginger & chilis. Cook, stirring 2 minutes.
Season chicken with salt. Add to wok, cook 3-4 minutes. Add kale (or spinach.
Stir & add the orange mixture to the wok. Cook til sauce thickens. Serve over rice.