Authentic German Kuchen, with local zucchini & cheese! Though kuchen is translated as cake, this is not on the sweeter side, so more of a twist on traditional zucchini bread…CHEESY zucchini bread.
Zucchini Pecorino Kuchen
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 zucchini washed
- 1/2 cup pecorino cheese
- 3 medium eggs or 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche plus extra for topping
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper plus extra for topping
- Grease a bread pan and dust with flour.
- Peel garlic and finely chop. Grate cheese and zucchini.
- Preheat oven to 350° Beat eggs, crème fraîche and oil with a whisk or hand mixer.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, zucchini and cheese, then stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into bread pan and bake in the oven for 1-1 1/2 hours. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes, then remove from pan.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Top with creme fraische & black pepper