Healthy Detox Salad
Reset your gut! Created with lots of fiber-rich veggies, healthy fats from avos & olive oil, plus good enzymes from apple cider vinegar. This yummy salad is a perfect meal to get us back on track after a fun holiday or binge weekend.
- 1/4 cup olive or grape seed oil
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp minced Maui onion can also use a shallot or red onion
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 bunch kale, spinach or spring greens stems removed, leaves cut small
- 1 pint brussel sprouts cut crosswise into shredded slivers
- 1 ea raw beet peeled and grated raw into salad
- 2 ea carrots grated
- 1 ea avocado peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 oz chopped almonds or your favorite seed or nuts
- 1 oz pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries
First, roast Butternut squash
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Put the squash on a large sheet pan lined with parchment and sprinkle with olive oil, turmeric and cumin and season with salt and pepper. Toss well, then spread the squash out across the pan.
Roast 20 to 25 minutes. Turning gently if needed. Let cool
Meanwhile, make dressing
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, yogurt, maple syrup and onion, then season with salt and pepper.