Healthy Detox Salad
Reset your gut! Created with lots of fiber-rich veggies, healthy fats from avos & olive oil, plus good enzymes from apple cider vinegar. This yummy salad is a perfect meal to get us back on track after a fun holiday or binge weekend.
- 1/4 cup olive or grape seed oil
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp minced Maui onion can also use a shallot or red onion
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 bunch kale, spinach or spring greens stems removed, leaves cut small
- 1 pint brussel sprouts cut crosswise into shredded slivers
- 1 ea raw beet peeled and grated raw into salad
- 2 ea carrots grated
- 1 ea avocado peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 oz chopped almonds or your favorite seed or nuts
- 1 oz pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries
First, roast Butternut squash
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Put the squash on a large sheet pan lined with parchment and sprinkle with olive oil, turmeric and cumin and season with salt and pepper. Toss well, then spread the squash out across the pan.
- Roast 20 to 25 minutes. Turning gently if needed. Let cool
Meanwhile, make dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, yogurt, maple syrup and onion, then season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the veggies together in a large bowl. Toss in the seeds and drizzle the salad dressing over all. Toss to combine.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!