Acorn Squash Cardamom Muffins
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar PLUS 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely grated acorn squash
- 1 cup walnuts coarsely chopped & divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a muffin pan with 9 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the first 7 ingredients (the dry ingredients).
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt & oil until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in acorn squash & half the walnuts until evenly mixed.
- Divide batter into the muffin pan & sprinkle remaining walnuts on top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Enjoy with butter or cream cheese!