A fantastic curry soup with sweet apples, hearty butternut squash and corn! Make this cozy meal for a cool fall or winter day.
Apple, Corn & Butternut Squash Curry Soup
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 1 large granny smith apple peeled, cored, and chopped
- 5 cups butternut squash peeled and diced
- 2 cups corn
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala substitute with allspice & cumin if you need to
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk plus more for serving
- Chopped fresh mint for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and jalapeño and cook until softened and the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the apple and butternut squash and cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add the corn, salt, curry, cumin, garam masala, and pepper and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, until the squash is tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup with a blender. Stir in the coconut milk
- Serve the soup swirled with more coconut milk and sprinkled with mint.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!