Homemade baked oatmeal is a perfect night time treat! You can use any fruit or nut combo for this dish. The apples, bananas & berries make is oh, so fruity!
Banana Berry Baked Oatmeal with Apples and Walnuts
- 2 medium ripe bananas cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 apples diced
- 1/2 cup berries any kind or combination
- 1/4 cup honey or agave
- 1 cup uncooked quick oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg or egg substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Arrange the banana slices in a single layer on the bottom of a ceramic dish. Sprinkle the apples and half of the berries over the bananas, 1/3 tsp of the cinnamon, 1 Tbsp of the honey and cover with foil.
- Bake 15 minutes, until bananas get soft.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the oats, half of the nuts, baking powder, remaining cinnamon, and salt. Stir.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining honey, milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Remove the bananas from the oven. Pour the oat mixture over the bananas & berries.
- Pour the milk mixture over the oats, making sure to distribute the mixture as evenly as possible over the oats. Sprinkle the remaining berries and walnuts over the top.
- Bake the oatmeal for about 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown and oatmeal has set. Serve warm from the oven.