Beet & Broccoli Fried Rice
If you want the veggies to keep their own lovely colors, you can stir-fry the broccoli & beets in separate pans, then mix together.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 beets peeled and diced
- 1 inch ginger peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 crown broccoli cut into florets
- 1 bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1/2 head cabbage chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- Heat the coconut oil in a large, wide pan over medium-high heat. Add the diced beets and stir well. Continue to cook, stirring frequently until beets are starting to soften. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for just 30 seconds.
- Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, and black pepper, and stir. Immediately add the Thai red curry paste. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 2-3 more minutes.
- Next, add your veggies to the pan and stir well; continue to cook while stirring frequently until the vegetables have turned bright in color and are crisp-tender. Add the cooked rice and diced pineapple and stir to combine.
- Finally, add the sauce to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until hot throughout.
- Serve warm, garnished with chopped green onion, cilantro and chopped, toasted cashews if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!