Beet & Cabbage Salad with Roasted Pepper & Cilantro Dressing
- 2 pasilla peppers roasted, chopped
- ⅓ cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- ⅓ cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3-4 beets scrubbed
- 4 cups sliced cabbage 1/2 head
- 2 avocados peeled, seeded, chopped
- Spray peppers with olive oil and roast in 375`F oven for 10 minutes on each side. Cool & roughly chop.
- Make the dressing: Combine pasilla pepper, cilantro, onion, garlic, vinegar and oil in a food processor. Blend for about 1 minute. Add in yogurt and blend for 1 more minute until the dressing has a smooth consistency. Add salt and pepper and blend once more. Transfer dressing into an airtight container and refrigerate for 1 hour before use. note: dressing can be stored for up to 3 days.
- Scrub beets under running water, remove ends & chop into quarters. Put into a large sauce pan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook till tender ~ 40 minutes.
- Remove beets, drain, and cool. Then gently remove skin. Chop into 1” chunks.
- In a large serving bowl, place the cabbage on the bottom, followed by the beets and topped with the avocados. Drizzle the salad with the roasted pepper dressing and serve.
Gluten free, Vegetarian