Bring the red white & blue to the party with patriotic popsicles, made with fresh strawberries & blueberries.
Use greek yogurt for the white part, or make your own cashew yogurt with this recipe from Holy Cow Vegan.
- 1 cup greek yogurt (or coconut milk coconut cream, or coconut yogurt.)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- sweetener of your choice optional, to taste
- Get some star shaped candy trays or ice cube trays to make your white stars. Put the yogurt in the trays & freeze.
- Meanwhile, make a puree with your blueberries in a blender. Add a little honey or another sweetener as desired.
- Add a white star to the bottom of a flat bottomed popsicle mold or small cups with a flat bottom.
- Immediately cover them with your blueberry puree and freeze again.
- Once frozen, add a layer of yogurt. Place the popsicle stick into the yogurt layer, using some aluminum foil to hold the stick up. Place them into the freezer to freeze the stick in place.
- Puree the strawberries in the blender and sweeten as desired.
- When your yogurt layer is frozen, cover it with a layer of strawberry puree and freeze again.
- Follow the process with one more layer of yogurt and one more layer of strawberry puree.
- To serve, eease the popsicles out gently by warming the sides of the cups with warm water while gently pulling on the stick.