An easy way to make a super delicious and fun breakfast! Portobellos may just be the most perfect natural food made for stuffing!
- olive oil
- 2 large portobellos
- kosher salt & pepper
- 2 large eggs scrambled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 sausage patties crumbled
- 1/4 cup diced basil
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Put parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Remove stems, scrape out gills inside the mushroom with a spoon.
- Rub inside mushroom with olive oil and roast 5-7 minutes, till slightly softened.
- While mushrooms bake, brown sausage & break up patties. Once it's browned, add eggs, basil & onion, stirring till eggs cook.
- Evenly add cooked egg mix to inside of each mushroom. Sprinkle with cheese & cook in oven 5 minutes to melt cheese.
Use this same process to make mini porotbello pizzas. Just stuff with your favorite sauce, toppings & cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!