Change up your breakfast menu & get real energy with the goodness of butternut squash & apples baked to yummy perfection.
Butternut Squash & Apple Bake
- 2 inch large apples cored & cut into 1-2cubes
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled, seeded & cubed
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds or chopped pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium baking dish, combine the apples, squash, oil, cinnamon, allspice, and ginger, tossing with your hands or a large spoon to ensure everything is evenly coated. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper and a layer of aluminum foil to seal the edges of the baking dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the squash is tender and can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt. Stir before serving and top with nuts.
Recipe adapted from Mind Body Green. See what apples are in stock on our Build a Box page. Get butternut squash here.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!