Change up your breakfast menu & get real energy with the goodness of butternut squash & apples baked to yummy perfection.
Butternut Squash & Apple Bake
- 2 inch large apples cored & cut into 1-2cubes
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled, seeded & cubed
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds or chopped pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium baking dish, combine the apples, squash, oil, cinnamon, allspice, and ginger, tossing with your hands or a large spoon to ensure everything is evenly coated. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper and a layer of aluminum foil to seal the edges of the baking dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the squash is tender and can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt. Stir before serving and top with nuts.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!