If you want to make this rice Keto friendly, just omit adding the cooked rice at the end.
Cabbage Fried Rice
- 6 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp cumin ground
- 1 bay leaf or 6 fresh curry leaves
- 1/4 cup chick peas
- 1 jalapeno chili slit & seeded
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 bell pepper seeded & finely chopped
- 4 cups cabbage finely chopped (you can use a food processor, grater or thinly slice & chop)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric ground
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 4 cups cooked rice day old rice works best
- 1/4 cup coconut grated
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- In a large wok or skillet, heat oil & add mustard seeds, cumin & bay leaf
- Add chickpeas - saute till crunchy on low heat
- Add chili & onion - saute till softened
- Then add carrot, bell pepper - saute 3 minutes
- Fold in finely chopped cabbage & salt. Cook 3 minutes more.
- Stir in spices (turmeric, chili powder, garam masala) and saute everything over low heat till fragrant and spell-binding
- Fold in rice and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix gently. Cover & simmer 3 minutes and liquid is absorbed into rice.
- Add coconut and cilantro. Mix well. Serve with fresh plain yogurt & cucumbers.