Caprese Avocado Salad
Brighten up a cool day with a classic Italian salad made a bit more modern.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar packed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz leftover turkey
- kosher salt & fresh black pepper to taste
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado halved, seeded, peeled & diced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves chiffonade
- To make the balsamic reduction, add balsamic & brown sugar to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a slight boil and reduce by half, about 6-8 minutes. Set aside & let cool.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Dice turkey into bite sized pieces.
- To assemble the salad, place the romaine in a large bowl & top with chicken, mozzarella, tomatoes, avocado & basil. Pour balsamic reduction on top of the salad and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Recipe form Damn Delicious.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!