New Year's D
- 2 Yukon potatoes cut into 3/4" pieces
- 2 links raw breakfast sausage cut into 3/4" pieces
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 eggs
- 2 T parmesan
- Toss the Yukons and breakfast sausage in 1 T olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet on the stove on medium heat.
- Add potatoes & sausage and immediately move to a 400° oven for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through. Potatoes should be tender but still firm.
- Add in onion, celery, and bell pepper. Bake for 8 more minutes.
- Mix in spinach and crack the two eggs on top of veggie mix. Continue baking until your desired doneness of egg.
- Top with sliced avocado and parmesan. Goes great with salsa or hot sauce as well.