This light dish from The Fitness Recipe is a tasty way to highlight organic celery. No pasta in this penne!
- 5 cups celery cut into 2” pieces
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups tomatoes chopped or 1 large can in juice
- 1/3 cup cilantro or parsley
- fresh black pepper
- salt to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add celery & cook until just tender. Remove from the heat and drain.
- Heat a non-stick pan over med heat. Add the garlic gloves & onion. After 2 minutes add tomatoes, cilantro & pepper.
- Stir together, then stir in the celery. Cook, stirring often, until the tomatoes have cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Taste and add seasoning to your requirements. Stir in the remaining parsley just before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!