Charring broccoli brings a depth of flavor that transforms it to something addictive. Balanced with sweet & spicy red onions makes a tasty side for anytime.
Charred Broccoli & Red Onions
- 1 medium head broccoli
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic - minced or pressed
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 425 °. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the veggies by chopping the broccoli into florets and slicing the onion into half-moon shaped pieces. Toss the broccoli & onion in the olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Transfer to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the broccoli is slightly charred. Garnish with lemon zest & juice. Serve.
Recipe from It's a Veg World After All.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!