A cheezy & indulgent vegan stuffed avocado recipe to fill you up with good stuff.
Cheezy Tempeh Stuffed Avocados
- 2 large avocados
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 6 oz of plain tempeh crumbled
- 4 leaves greens stemmed and chopped
- 4 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Heat up coconut oil in a skillet and sauté the onion together with cumin seeds and turmeric for about 5 minutes. Add bit of water if needed.
- Mix in crumbled tempeh, chopped collard leafs (stems removed) and continue to cook for another 8-10 min.
- Turn the heat to low and stir in almond milk and nutritional yeast. Mix well and cook for 1-2 min.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit, then top each half with the tempeh stuffing and serve.
Recipe from Active Vegetarian. Get your avocados here.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!