Turnovers are always fun, and chicken always goes well with pears. An easy dinner idea that the whole family will love.
Chicken and Pear Turnovers
- 1- 2 pound rotisserie chicken skin discarded and meat shredded
- 1 large D'Anjou or Bosc pear thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 large shallot thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a large bowl, mix the chicken, pear, shallot, chicken broth, tarragon, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with 1 teaspoon water; set aside.
- Unfold and flatten the puff pastry sheet; cut into 4 squares and refrigerate 3 squares.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 pastry square into a 9-inch square. Pile one-quarter of the chicken mixture in the center. Lightly brush the 4 corners with the egg wash and pinch together to seal, leaving the seams open
- Place the turnover on a baking sheet and refrigerate. Repeat with the remaining pastry squares, filling and egg wash.
- Bake the turnovers until crisp and golden, about 25 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!