Oranges added to chunky homemade cinnamon applesauce makes for a treat you’re gonna want to have in the fridge all the time.
Chunky Cinnamon Orange Applesauce
- 6 apples – peeled cored, and cut into large chunks
- 3/4 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Cook apples and orange juice in a large heavy pot over medium heat, stirring frequently, until apples begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Stir white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, orange zest, lemon zest, nutmeg, and lemon juice into apples. Cook, stirring often, until applesauce is chunky and thickened, about 25 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!