Cold Green Bean Salad
- 1 cup light olive oil or salad oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tsp spicy brown or stone ground mustard
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper or pimentos
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, optional sliced
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes, optional
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, optional
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a saucepan. Heat to dissolve sugar & set aside to cool.
- Trim green beans. Blanch by boiling for 2 minutes, then plunging into a bowl of ice water.
- Mix the green beans with all of the remaining ingredients, except for the tomatoes. Toss with dressing, cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Before serving, bring to room temperature, add tomatoes, and stir to coat before serving.
From Deep South Dish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!