Indulge in creamy coconut cashew sauce on roasted spaghetti squash, plus the warm coziness of roasted veggies. A flavorful Alfredo sauce with no dairy, and of course, enjoy carb-free spaghetii. Bonus: It’s even easier than traditional Alfredo, no saucepan required.
Creamy Coconut Cashew Spaghetti Squash With Roasted Broccoli
- 1 medium spaghetti squash halved + seeds removed
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
COCONUT CASHEW ALFREDO SAUCE
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup salted roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast OR parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil + parsley chopped
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Slice the spaghetti squash lengthwise and drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil all over the cut sides of the squash halves and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place cut side up on a baking sheet and bake about 30 to 45 minutes, or until the squash is just tender enough to scrape into strands.
- Add the broccoli florets to another roasting pan or cookie sheet. Toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, chili powder, salt and pepper. Place in the oven while the squash is cooking, and roast for 25-30 minutes or until lightly charred and golden.
- Meanwhile, make the coconut alfredo sauce. Combine the coconut milk, cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Process until the sauce is completely smooth and creamy. Stir in the crushed red pepper, basil + parsley. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Remove both the squash and cauliflower from the oven. Scrape the squash into strands and toss with the coconut sauce. Serve warm with vegan or regular parmesan, fresh herbs, crushed red pepper and an egg (optional).