Smoked gouda & eggs is always a great pair. The crispy kale makes these tacos a fun & healthy dish for the whole family to enjoy.
Crispy Kale & Smoked Gouda Scrambled Egg Tacos
- 5 tortillas or pitas
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil divided in half
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp water
- 1 bunch kale roughly chopped with ribs removed
- 3 ounces smoked gouda shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with tortillas & set aside.
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl, add water, salt & pepper and beat well. Set aside
- Add ¾ tbsp oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add kale, stirring well to coat, then cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Once the kale has reduced by half, reduce heat to low and let cook, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add remaining oil to a medium sized non-stick skillet over med-low heat. Re-whisk the eggs to be sure they’re beaten well.
- Once the oil is sizzling, add eggs, and cook for one minute without touching them.
- Gently push one edge of the egg into the center of the pan with a spatula while tilting the pan gently to allow the liquid to flow underneath. Repeat with other edges until there is no liquid left.
- Remove pan from heat & continue gently stirring & turning the egg until all the uncooked parts become firm, trying not to break the up the egg. Gently fold in cheese. Cook tortillas until just warmed.
- Season kale with salt & pepper, stir once, then remove from heat.
- Remove tortillas from the oven & fill each shell with a scoop of eggs, then top with crispy kale.
- Serve warm with hot sauce.
Recipe from Baker by Nature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!