These rice pancakes originated in India and are called dosas. You can make them sweet or savory. A super easy and healthy alternative to smoothies for having some veggies in the morning.
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 cup coconut grated
- 2 green chilis
- 1 in of ginger grated
- Salt to taste
- 3 olive oil
- Wash the rice, then soak in water for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Drain the water & grind the rice in a food processor or high-speed blender, adding a little fresh water to form a thick smooth paste.
- Blend cucumber & coconut in a food processor till it's a thick and pasty.
- Add cucumber, coconut, chilis, ginger & salt to rice paste and mix well. Batter should be medium thick consistency.
- Heat a non-stick griddle.
- Pour a ladle full of batter and spread lightly on the pan. Drizzle oil on top.
- Cover with a lid and cook until the base turns golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Flip and cook other side for 30 seconds.
- Repeat steps 6-8 for each pancake.