These rice pancakes originated in India and are called dosas. You can make them sweet or savory. A super easy and healthy alternative to smoothies for having some veggies in the morning.
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 cup coconut grated
- 2 green chilis
- 1 in of ginger grated
- Salt to taste
- 3 olive oil
- Wash the rice, then soak in water for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Drain the water & grind the rice in a food processor or high-speed blender, adding a little fresh water to form a thick smooth paste.
- Blend cucumber & coconut in a food processor till it's a thick and pasty.
- Add cucumber, coconut, chilis, ginger & salt to rice paste and mix well. Batter should be medium thick consistency.
- Heat a non-stick griddle.
- Pour a ladle full of batter and spread lightly on the pan. Drizzle oil on top.
- Cover with a lid and cook until the base turns golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Flip and cook other side for 30 seconds.
- Repeat steps 6-8 for each pancake.
Option: Make a sweet cucumber pancake, you can add brown sugar instead of chilis and ginger. Recipe adapted from Kushi’s Kitchen. Get your Persian cucumbers here.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!