Cool off with this simple green cucumber gazpacho that whips up in no time.
- 2 pounds cucumbers chopped, about 2 large
- 2 garlic cloves smashed
- 2 cups coarsely chopped arugula
- 2 cups coarsely chopped mixed herbs basil, parsley, cilantro, or mint
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or more
- kosher salt
- 3/4 cup olive oil or more
- Purée cucumbers, garlic, and ½ cup water in a blender until smooth. Add arugula, herbs, vinegar, and a large pinch of salt and purée, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed, until very smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly stream in oil; blend until emulsified. (The mixture will turn pale green and look creamy, almost like a salad dressing; add more oil and/or water if needed.)
- Taste gazpacho and season with more salt and vinegar as desired—you want it to be borderline too salty and acidic at room temperature.
- Transfer gazpacho to an airtight container; cover and chill until very cold, 4–12 hours.
- Taste gazpacho and adjust with a little more salt and/or vinegar as needed just before pouring into chilled glasses
Recipe from Bon Appetit.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!