What makes this stew so special isn’t just the delicious garnet yams, it’s also the combo of our favorite superfoods & of course the fact that it’s a flavorful curry.
Curried Yam Stew
- 4 cups peeled and diced garnet yams
- 1 pound tomatoes diced
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tsp curry powder*
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups greens of your choice
- Place the yams, tomatoes, chickpeas, and broth in a large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, until the yams are just tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the greens, and mix well.
- Place the greens on top of the stew, cover, and steam for 1 minute or so; then stir the leaves into the stew.
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes. Serve immediately.