A hearty fall salad with the season’s best apples & butternut squash brought together with fresh spinach. And cheddar makes it better. Yum!
Fall Chopped Salad with Spinach Butternut Squash Apples & Cheddar
- 1 small butternut squash diced (about 4 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper divided
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 8 cups packed baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 medium apple diced
- 1/2 cup diced sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Stir squash, garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in a large bowl. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast, stirring once, until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in the large bowl. Add spinach, the roasted squash, apples, cheese and pecans. Toss to coat.
Recipe from Eating Well. Add organic cheddar to your box! Buy your butternut squash here. Order spinach here.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!