A hearty fall salad with the season’s best apples & butternut squash brought together with fresh spinach. And cheddar makes it better. Yum!
Fall Chopped Salad with Spinach Butternut Squash Apples & Cheddar
- 1 small butternut squash diced (about 4 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper divided
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 8 cups packed baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 medium apple diced
- 1/2 cup diced sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Stir squash, garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in a large bowl. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast, stirring once, until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in the large bowl. Add spinach, the roasted squash, apples, cheese and pecans. Toss to coat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!