Fiesta Lime Chicken like the classic restaurant dish, all topped with the yummy avocados from your farm box in a zesty salsa! A night in with this dish couldn’t be better!
Fiesta Lime Chicken With Avocado Lime Salsa
- 1 pound chicken breasts pounded
Fiesta Lime Rub
- 2 Tbsp Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Tbsp lime juice from about 1 lime
- zest from 1 lime
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp EACH ground cumin smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder
- 1/2-1/2 tsp chili powder chipotle is the tastiest for this recipe
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 medium avocados ripe chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes seeded, chopped
- fresh corn from 1 ear
- 1 tsp garlic clove minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper diced, seeds separated
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 ts salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp pepper or more to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk chicken rub ingredients together and rub evenly all over chicken breasts. Allow chicken to sit for 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate up to 8 hours then bring to room temperature for before cooking. Prepare Avocado Salsa.
- Toss all of the ingredients except for the avocados in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, gently fold in avocados. Taste and add additional salt, pepper and add desired amount of jalapeno seeds for more heat.
- Grease and heat an indoor grill pan or skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot, add chicken and cook, undisturbed for 3-5 minutes, or until nicely browned on one side.
- Turn chicken over, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for about 5-7 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken), or until chicken is cooked through. Remove to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing. Garnish with extra fresh lime juice if desired.
- If chicken has been refrigerated, let sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease and preheat the grill to medium heat, 375-450°.
- Grill chicken undisturbed for for 5-7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through (165°).
- Remove chicken from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Top chicken with the salsa & serve.
Recipe from Carlsbad Cravings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!