A soup that uses so many ingredients from your veggie box it’ll be the freshest & most flavorful you’ve ever had! See the bottom of the page for some really cool variations.
Fresh & Easy Vegetable Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans rinsed & drained
- 1/2 cup broccoli microgreens
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 small zucchini halved lengthwise & sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano or 2 tsp dried oregano crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Fresh grated parmesan optional
- Heat oil over medium heat in a 4 quart dutch oven. Add onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, squash and tomatoes. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover & simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add beans, zucchini, broccoli, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook 5 more minutes.
- Top with microgreens & serve, sprinkled with cheese.
*Roast your tomatoes ahead of time in the oven with garlic & olive oil for even more depth of flavor! Then add them to the soup as the recipe instructs. *You can make this soup in the slow cooker by adding all the ingredients except the zucchini, broccoli, oregano, and microgreens & cook for 8 hours. Then add the last 2 veggies and cook 30 minutes. Serve topped with the microgreens & sprinkle with cheese. Recipe adapted from Eating Well.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!