Everyone in the family will eat their spinach when it’s a tasty patty with Greek flavor.
Greek Spinach Patties
- 1 pound spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp dried dill
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1/2 small onion finely minced
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 3/4 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil plus more to coat the pan
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan on medium-low heat for about 1 minute. Add the spinach and 1/4 cup of water, cover with a lid, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until wilted (if necessary, divide into 2 batches).
- In the meantime, whisk the eggs in a large bowl then add the garlic, onion, and remaining ingredients. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Once the spinach is wilted, remove from the pan and set aside on a large plate lined with paper towels and let sit for 2-3 minutes to absorb any excess liquid. Once drained, finely chop the spinach, add to the bowl and stir to combine with the other ingredients.
- Form palm-size patties with your hands, pressing together to ensure the mixture is compact. In the same frying pan, heat another 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil on medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the patties (in two batches if necessary) and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until browned and lightly golden. Serve with Greek yogurt or hummus.
Recipe from Bites for Foodies.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!