What do you do with Shishito Peppers? Grill them up with this super yummy marinated skirt steak and add the brightness of lemon!
Grilled Skirt Steak with Shishito Peppers & Charred Lemon
- 1/4 cup rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 8 garlic cloves
- 6 whole peppercorns
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 lb skirt steak cut into equal pieces
- Kosher salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 lb shishito peppers
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Lemon halved
- 4 cups endive or any green
- 4 cups watercress coarsely torn
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 2 celery ribs diagonally sliced thin
- 1/2 cup celery leaves
- 2 oz blue cheese crumbled
- Combine the rosemary, thyme, shallot, garlic, peppercorns & grapeseed oil in a blender & puree until smooth.
- Put the steak in a large resealable bag & pour the marinade over it. Refrigerate overnight.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Pat the steak dry and season with salt & pepper. Grill over moderate heat until medium-rare, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board & let rest 10 minutes, leaving the grill on.
- In a bowl, toss the peppers with 1 Tbsp of the oil and season with the salt & pepper. Grill until lightly charred.
- Grill the lemon halves, cut side down, until charred-about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss the peppers with the endive, watercress, mint, celery ribs, celery leaves & remaining olive oil. Squeeze 1 Tbsp of the grilled lemon juice over the salad. Season with salt & pepper and toss. Top with the cheese.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain. Serve with the salad & grilled lemon halves for squeezing over the steak.
Recipe from Food & Wine. You can get even more Shishito recipes from Food & Wine here.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!