Grilled Apple Pie
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts
- 5 pounds apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- cup ¾sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat cooking, approximately 350°.
- Place apple slices in to a grilling basket and place on to the grill grate. Grill for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently until lightly browned and beginning to soften.
- Remove from the heat and add to a large mixing bowl along with the flour, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Place one pie crust into an ungreased pie plate. Pour apple mixture on top of the pie crust and top with the remaining pie crust. Crimp the edges of the pie crust and cut vents in to the top. Place the pie on to the grill, close the lid, and allow it to cook for approximately 45 minutes until crust is lightly browned.
- Remove, let rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe from The Daily Meal.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!