The marriage of sausage & peppers in a breakfast version, made the best way possible, stuffed & grilled!
Breakfast Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 bell peppers sliced in half vertically & seeds cleaned out
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 5 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 5 eggs beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Cook breakfast sausage in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Set aside in a large bowl.
- In same pan, heat 3 Tbsp oil at medium heat. Add hash browns in one even layer. Cook for five minutes, flip, and cook for five more minutes or until golden brown. Add to the sausage bowl.
- In same pan, add 1 Tbsp oil, diced onion and tomato. Sauté over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add to the sausage bowl.
- In same pan, heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium heat. Add eggs to pan and scramble. When done, add to sausage bowl.
- Mix the ingredients in the bowl together and add salt and pepper to taste. Scoop into the halved bell peppers. Top with cheese.
- Place peppers on grill over low heat and close the top. Cook for 5 minutes or until peppers begin to soften. Turn heat to high and cook for one more minute to char the bell peppers.
- Remove from grill and enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!