The grilled flavor adds so much to zucchini and eggplant, and brings out the sweet smokiness of the tomatoes. Quick and easy for the summertime!
Grilled Eggplant, Zucchini & Tomatoes with Breadcrumbs & Parmesan
- exta virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 pound eggplant sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 pound zucchini sliced 1/2 inch thick
- salt & pepper
- 5 tomatoes sliced 1 inch thick
- 2 cups coarse fresh bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Spread the bread crumbs on a large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil; toss well. Bake for 8 minutes, until the bread crumbs are crisp and golden brown.
- Transfer the bread crumbs to a medium bowl and toss with the basil and cheese.
- Light a grill. Brush the eggplant and zucchini slices with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderate heat until charred and tender, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the to a platter, fanning them out.
- Brush the tomatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderate heat until charred and hot, about 1 minute per side.
- Arrange the tomato slices over the eggplant & zucchini and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the top and serve right away.
Recipe adapted from Food & Wine.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!