The classic combo of sausage, peppers & potatoes, grilled, with the freshness of mixed greens! A fresh & satisfying summer meal.
Grilled Sausage & Potatoes with Mixed Greens
- 3/4 lb. potatoes
- 4 your favorite sausages
- 6 sweet mini peppers or 2 bell peppers
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes stemmed & halved
- 4 cups spring lettuce mix
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 plums diced
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp agave nectar or honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a food processor & blend until completely mixed.
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water, set over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil until the potatoes are just tender when pierced with a fork-15 to 18 minutes. Drain and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high and lightly brush with oil.
- Place the peppers on the grill & turn when the skin on the bottom is charred & blistery-about 5 minutes each side. Remove from the grill & place in a damp cloth or paper towel. Let sit for a minute, then rub off the skin & remove the stems & seeds.
- Meanwhile, cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Place in a bowl and toss with the olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Grill the potatoes until they have golden brown grill marks, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Pierce the sausages in a few places. Cook on the grill until browned and heated through, turning occasionally, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cut each sausage into 6 pieces.
- Using 4 plates, divide the spring lettuce mix, sausages, peppers & potatoes between the 4 plates.
- Drizzle each salad with dressing. Serve.
Recipe adapted from Cookin' Canuck.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!