Herb and mustard Rubbed Ribeye with Green Bean and Mushroom Casserole
Ribeye & green bean casserole together for classic elegance, courtesy of Chef Michael Welch.
- 1 ea ribeye preferably 12-16 oz
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T chopped thyme & Rosemary
- 1/2 pound green beans cleaned
- 1/2 white onion julienned
- 1 T chopped garlic
- 1 T chopped rosemary & thyme
- 1/2 pound mushrooms cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Bring ribeye to room temperature. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Sear both sides on medium high heat for 3 minutes each side. The steak should still be rare.
- Rub one side with mustard and sprinkle with herbs. Roast in oven at 350° until it reaches desired doneness. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- In a sauté pan on medium high heat, ad in 2 T olive oil, the green beans, and onions. Sauté until veggies are starting to gain color.
- Add in garlic & mushrooms and saute for 1 more minute. Add cream, herbs, and half of the Parmesan.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Top with remaining Parmesan and bake at 350° until breadcrumbs are toasted, about 5 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!