Save your mandarins by canning them, and this homemade version is way fresher & more delicious than anything you’d get from a store. For a healthier option, make it without the sugar.
Homemade Canned Mandarins
- 2 pounds mandarin oranges peeled
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/8 cups sugar
- Prepare your canner and jars.
- Peel the mandarin oranges & discard the peels. Separate the segments & carefully remove the pith.
- Make a light syrup by combining the water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir to dissolve. Keep warm, but do not boil.
- When the syrup is ready, pack the mandarin segments into the jars. Pour in the syrup, leaving 1/2 inch of headspace.
- Apply lids and rings, and process using a standard water bath canning process for 10 minutes