The nutrient powerhouse kumatoNutrient Powerhouse Tomatoes – 1lb tomato is a flavor powerhouse that goes so well with the mild zucchini flavor in a tart that starts with ricotta and sage.
Kumato Tomato & Zucchini Ricotta Tarts
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated parmesan
- fresh black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp finely chopped sage
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 pkg puff pastry sheets thawed
- 1 nutrient powerhouse tomato aka Kumato
- 1 small zucchini thinly sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt optional
- POSITION racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 400F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- COMBINE ricotta with parmesan and ¼ tsp salt in a medium bowl. Season with fresh pepper. Divide mixture in half between 2 bowls. Stir sage into 1 portion and lemon zest into the other portion.
- UNROLL puff pastry sheets. Use a 3-in. round cookie cutter to cut out 18 circles. Place 1 in. apart on prepared parchment-lined baking sheets.
- FOR half the rounds, scoop 1 tbsp of sage-ricotta mixture onto each. Scoop 1 tbsp of lemon-ricotta mixture onto each remaining round. With the back of a spoon, flatten mixture, leaving a ¼-in. border around the edges.
- TOP each sage-ricotta round with 1 or 2 tomato slices. Top lemon ricotta round with 3 overlapping zucchini slices. Brush oil lightly over tomatoes and zucchini.
- BAKE in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching halfway through, until vegetables are soft and pastry is golden, 25 to 30 min. Sprinkle with sea salt before serving.
Recipe from Simply Beautiful Eating.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!