Lemony Garlic Zoodles with Arugula Microgreens
- 2 large zucchini made into zoodles
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 1 fresh lemon - juiced
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 C fresh basil or 2 tsp dried
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup arugula microgreens
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Prep your zucchini noodles. Here are the two methods I recommend using:
- Use a hand held spiralizer.
- Use a mandolin with the julienne blade.
- A veggie peeler or box grater make the noodles very thin and you’ll need to squeeze out the water first.
Heat oil and butter over medium-low heat.
- Stir in garlic, lemon peel, lemon juice, broth, basil, and raise heat to medium-high.
- Add zoodles and bring to a gentle simmer, reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add arugula and parsley. Gently toss to mix.
- Top with freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese, sea salt, freshly ground pepper, squeeze of lemon
Calories: 254kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 1gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 219mgPotassium: 95mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 876IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 36mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!