Mushroom and Hummus Avocado Toast
Super tasty avocado toast for breakfast or brunch! Made extra healthy & delicious with mushrooms & hummus, courtesy of Chef Michael.
- 1/2 pound mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- your favorite bread
- 4 oz your favorite hummus
- 1/2 avocado
- shaved radish
- 1 egg sunny side up
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- arugula or watercress and feta optional
- Cut the mushrooms into 1/4s. Marinate in tamari or soy sauce, lemon juice & sesame oil. Let sit 20 minutes.
- In a non stick pan, sauté mushrooms with olive oil until caramelized and tender.
- Toast your favorite piece of bread and top with the hummus.
- Slice the avocado & fan over top. Place sautéed mushrooms over avocado & garnish with the radish and egg. Also goes great with arugula or watercress and feta cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!