Mushroom & Spinach Curry
This earthy mushroom curry is as satisfying to your taste buds as it is to your tummy!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp cardamom
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 chopped tomatoes
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1/2 lb mushrooms cleaned & sliced
- 4 oz spinach leaves
- 1 small handful cilantro leaves to serve
- lime wedges to serve
- Heat oil in a large pan Add onion, cook till soft & golden over medium heat. Add garlic, and spices. Stir & cook 3 minutes more. Add water if too dry.
- Add mushrooms, a splash of water and stir till covered with spices.
- Add tomatoes and chickpeas, stir and simmer for 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, stir and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add the spinach & cook till just wilted. Can serve over rice, with slices of lime and sprinkle with fresh cilantro
Calories: 1158kcalCarbohydrates: 66gProtein: 23gFat: 101gSaturated Fat: 75gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gSodium: 1386mgPotassium: 3294mgFiber: 19gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 13608IUVitamin C: 84mgCalcium: 369mgIron: 24mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!