Mushroom Curry with Spinach and Chickpeas
This earthy mushroom curry is as satisfying to your taste buds as it is to your tummy!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red chili pepper seeds and pith removed, then chopped finely
- 1 heaped tsp ground fenugreek
- 1 heaped tsp turmeric
- 1 heaped tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 2-3 chopped tomatoes
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1/2 lb mushrooms wiped clean & sliced thickly
- 4 oz spinach leaves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 small handful cilantro leaves to serve
- lime wedges to serve
- Heat oil in a large pan Add onion, cook till soft & golden over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, chili & cook 2 more minutes. Stir & cook 1 minute more. Add water if too dry.
- Add mushrooms, a splash of water and stir till covered with spices. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add tomatoes and chickpeas, stir and simmer for 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, stir and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add the spinach. As soon as it's wilted it's ready! Can serve with basmati rice, lime wedges & cilantro leaves.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!