This spicy Thai dip will become a favorite for special occasions & holidays. A delicious new favorite of ours!
Nam Prik (Thai Chili Tomato Dip)
- 12 dried Thai chiles
- 10 garlic cloves smashed and chopped
- 6 medium shallots chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions green and white parts
- Green cabbage, sliced cucumber and pork rinds, for serving
- Place the chilis in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Let soak for 20 minutes to soften, then drain.
- In a large mortar and pestle or in a food processor, pound or pulse the chilis, garlic, shallots, fish sauce and salt until a coarse paste forms.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chili paste and cook until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the pork and cook until the pork is no longer pink, 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes have completely softened and the pork is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro and scallions.
- Serve with the cabbage, cucumber slices and pork rinds.
Recipe adapted from Tasting Table.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!