These baked stuffed apples are filling and as healthy as it gets.
No Sugar Added Stuffed Baked Apples
- 8 apples medium to large
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp sea salt finely ground
- 2 Tbsp butter vegan
- 1 cup water plus 3 Tbsp
- vegan vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Wash the apples, and core with a pairing knife. Scrape the bottom of the core with a spoon, making sure to not put a hole through the bottom.
- Combine the oats, cranberries, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, butter and 3 Tbsp water in a large bowl. Mix all ingredients with your hands, pressing the butter into the oats until it becomes sticky.
- Put the apples in a deep baking dish & pour 1 cup of water on the bottom.
- Liberally spoon the filling into the apples up to the top. Cover with foil & bake for about an hour, until fork tender.
- Serve, and top with ice cream.